Bristol Yacht Club had a modest birth in 1877 when a group of Brown University students got together and formed the Zephyr Boat Club ""for the purpose of mutual interests and the practicing of rowing on our harbor, the principle object of the club being however to have a good time.
That same year, the Zephyr Boat Club became the Neptune Boat Club, and in 1899 we became the Bristol Yacht Club. Our initial ""mission statement"" having a good time, has continued on for over 100 years. We''ve had several clubhouses in several locations around the harbor but our desire to have fun has helped us survive fires, floods, hurricanes, and 2 world wars.
Club Contact Details
||Bristol Yacht Club
||P.O. Box 180 Poppasquash Road