In the spring of 1954, a group of sailors gathered with a simple purpose: "to organize and provide rules for racing this summer on Great Bay, or other places designated." Races were held each Sunday afternoon at the State Pier and included class racing for 12 foot catboats Merry Macs designed by club member Ned McIntosh and other boats by handicap.
By 1958, Great Bay Yacht Club was officially registered with the State of New Hampshire as a non-profit organization whose purpose was "to foster the spirit of sailing in the community around the Great Bay area. "In 1959 the Club was able to purchase the two lots that became its home. The Club blossomed during the women''s and "boat" divisions.
Club Contact Details
||Great Bay Yacht Club
||PO Box 1644